Interesting Facts About Unsplash You Should KnowPosted 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Unsplash is one of the best high-quality stock photography sites on the internet. Let's have a look at the facts about Unsplash. You can find unique high-definition images free of cost.
Interesting Facts About Unsplash
- The website is dedicated to sharing high-quality stock photography under their own terms. It allows anyone to freely download and use those premium quality assets without a single penny. If you're a blogger or a content creator you should consider Unsplash for your stock photography needs.
- The mission started as a standalone project, now, owned by Getty Images, one of the most popular image sites on the internet. Now, due to this acquisition, webloggers can rely more on Unsplash for a longer time. Unsplash community has been grown into the largest group of professional photographers with knowledge and experience in a wide range of niches.
- In 2021, Getty Images acquired Unsplash
- Unsplash has been cited as one of the world's leading photography websites by Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, CNET, Medium, and The Next Web. Now, Unsplash is one of the leading communities to focus on premium quality content. Most of all featured images are taken from Unsplash.
- As of 2020, the website has over 207,000 contributing photographers and generates more than 17 billion photo impressions per month. In 2020 they were handling the largest library of over 2 million photos. It's extremely heavy stock to serve over the internet if we consider the cost of storage, processing, and bandwidth.
- Some of the positive sides of stock photography for bloggers and digital content creators.
- You can save a lot of time, energy, and money in creating the assets on your own.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer.
- You can get high-quality stock images without much effort.
- Due to competition you always get high-quality stock assets.
- You can choose the best content suitable for your product or niche.
- Some of the cons of stock photography.
- As a lot of people use free stock photography sites for their everyday needs, there is a chance that you may not get a unique image.
- You may not get exactly what you want for your product.
- The images shot for stock photography sites may focus on generalization and sometimes your favorite image might be missing the specific purpose.