Amazing Facts About Maharashtra You Should KnowPosted 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Interesting Facts About Maharashtra, an Indian state situated in the western peninsular region and the second-most populous state in India. Maharashtra is one of the most developed and prosperous Indian states.
Interesting Facts About Maharashtra
- Maharashtra state was formed on 1 May 1960 by splitting the bilingual Bombay State, which had existed since 1956, into majority Marathi-speaking Maharashtra.
- The State of Bombay was split into two states i.e. Maharashtra and Gujarat by the Bombay Reorganisation Act 1960.
- The capital of Maharashtra state is Mumbai. Mumbai is the most populous urban area in India.
- Nagpur is the winter capital of Maharashtra.
- Marathi is the official language of Maharashtra. Most of the Maharashtrian people use Marathi as a primary language in everyday use.
- The motto of the Maharashtra state is Pratipaccandralēkhēva vardhiṣṇurviśva vanditā mahārāṣṭrasya rājyasya mudrā bhadrāya rājatē.
- The Jai Jai Maharashtra Maza song is widely used and played song in the official functions of Maharashtra. It's a de facto state song for Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra has a total of 36 states.
- The Government of Maharashtra is the government for the state of Maharashtra, India. It is a democratically elected government with 288 MLAs elected to the legislative assembly for a 5-year term.
- As of May 2021 current Governor of Maharashtra state is Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- As of May 2021, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra is Uddhav Thackeray (Shiv Sena).
- As of May 2021, the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra state is Ajit Pawar (NCP).
- On 12 November 2019, the state of Maharashtra had been put under President's Rule. On 23 November 2019 President of India Ram Nath Kovind signed the revocation of the central rule.
- Maharashtra has a total area of 307,713 km2.
- People from Maharashtra are known as Maharashtrian.
- Maharashtra state has ISO 3166 code IN-MH. ISO 3166 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that defines codes for the names of countries, dependent territories, special areas of geographical interest, and their principal subdivisions.
- Maharashtra state vehicle registration code is MH.
- Maharashtra state official website Maharashtra.gov.in.
- Maharashtra is the third-largest state by area in India.
- Maharashtra is bordered by the Arabian Sea to the west, the Indian states of Karnataka and Goa to the south, Telangana to the southeast, and Chhattisgarh to the east.
- Maharashtra state has three international airports, namely, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (Mumbai), and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport (Nagpur).
- Maharashtra houses three major railway headquarters, namely, Central Railway (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus), Konkan Railway (CBD Belapur), and Western Railway (Churchgate).
- The high court of Maharashtra state i.e. Bombay High Court is located in Mumbai.
- Before independence, the Maharashtra State was ruled by the Satavahana dynasty, Rashtrakuta dynasty, Western Chalukyas, Deccan sultanates, Mughals, and Marathas (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj), and the British.
- Maharashtra state houses the four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Ajanta, Ellora, and Elephanta Caves and the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
- The Oxford of the East, Pune is located in Maharashtra.
- Nashik the wine capital of India is located in Maharashtra.
- Nashik has the largest number of wineries and vineyards in the country.
Share the facts with your friends on social media.