Did You Know These Top 15+ Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal?
Posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- Translation of Taj Mahal, "Crown of the Palace".
- Taj Mahal is located at the banks of River Yamuna.
- It is built on the right bank of River Yamuna.
- It's an ivory-white marble mausoleum.
- Taj Mahal is located in the Agra city in India.
- It was build by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the memories of his late wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal houses the tomb of Mumtaz Mahal. Mumtaz was the favourite one. Emperor Shah Jahan built the building to house the tomb of his wife.
- The Taj Mahal also houses the tomb of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.
- The Taj Mahal was commissioned in 1632.
- The construction of Taj Mahal was completed in 1643.
- Even after completion miscellenaous work was continued for next 10 years in phases.
- It is believed that the construction of Taj Mahal was finished entirely in 1953.
- The Taj Mahal costed approximately INR 32 million. (Today's INR 70 billion). About US $1 billion.
- The construction involved around 20000 workers under the supervision of engineers. The court architect Ustad Ahmad Lahauri led the construction to its completion.
- Different type of symbolisms are employed on the structure to reflect the nature's beauty.
- The Taj Mahal was declared as the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983.