Interesting Facts About RussiaPosted 2 months ago
Amidst the Russia and Ukraine war let's have a look at some of the interesting facts about Russia. Russia has been a sovereign country for a long time. After the dissolution of the USSR Russia got an independent identity.
Here are some unknown facts about Russia you should know about.
- Russia is the Largest country in the world by area.
- Russia currently has a population of about 145.5 million.
- Russia covers over 17,125,191 square kilometers of total landmass.
- Russia is a transcontinental country. It spans between Eastern Europe and Northern Asia.
- There are eleven time zones in Russia, which currently observe times ranging from UTC+02:00 to UTC+12:00.
- Russia is the 9th most populous country in the world.
- Russia is one of the most popular countries in Europe.
- Current Head of State or the President of Russia is Vladimir Putin. Russia has made so many big decisions under the presidency of Vladimir Putin which are definitely going to shape the future of the whole world.
- Moscow is the capital city of Russia. It is also the largest city within Europe.
- Russia is full of cultural breadcrumbs. Saint Petersburg is one of the largest cities in Russia known as Russia’s cultural centre.
- Apart from Moscow and Saint Petersburg there are many popular cities/urban areas such as Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod and Kazan.
- Russia is best known for its culture. Russia is well-known around the world for its capital city Moscow. It is situated on the banks of the famous Moskva River in the West part of Russia.
- There are many popular landmarks located in the capital city of Russia. Such as, the Red Square, the Bolshoi Theater, St. Basil's Cathedral, Kremlin, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour.
- According to the Statista, “ Russia is the largest country by far, with a total area of about 17 million square kilometers.”
- Russia is a secular state by constitution, and its largest religion is Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Some significant minorities of non-religious people also found therein.
- Once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (U.S.S.R.) or the Soviet Union), Russia became an independent country after the dissolution of the Soviet Union in December 1991. Source: Britannica.
- Real name of Russia is Russian Federation (Rossiyskaya Federatsiya).
- The "State Anthem of the Russian Federation" is the national anthem of Russia.
- The Russian anthem uses the same melody as the "State Anthem of the Soviet Union". The said anthem is composed by Alexander Alexandrov.
- Russia’s calling code is +7.
- Russia’s internet TLD (Top Level Domain) is .ru. The domain name .рф is the Cyrillic country code top-level domain for the Russian Federation.
These were some of the interesting facts about Russia. We hope you loved this piece of information. There is so much unknowns about Russia, there are so many unknown facts about Russia. We will look on that soon. Till then, have a look and share on these amazing facts about Russia.