Top 10 Interesting Facts About PetrolPosted 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Gasoline is a mixture of volatile, flammable liquid hydrocarbons. It's also known as Petrol. From vehicles to everyday use machinery, agriculture appliances and a lot of things depends on Petrol.
Most of the vehicles were petrol engine, but, due to a lot of polution and such things governments around the world have decided to switch to gasoline alternatives. Electrification is one of the major competitor to Petrol. Lesser polution and more efficiency, vehicles life and performance are some of the major things electrical vehicles have introduced.
Lesser-Known Facts About Petrol/Gasoline:
- Nicolaus August Otto was a German engineer who successfully developed the compressed charge internal combustion engine which ran on petroleum gas and led to the modern internal combustion engine.
- In 1859, at Titusville, Penn., Col. Edwin Drake drilled the first successful well through rock and produced crude oil.
- Edwin Drake dug the first crude oil well in Pennsylvania in 1859 and distilled the oil to produce kerosene for lighting. Source
- By 1920, 9 million vehicles powered by gasoline were on the road. Because, of the same reason a lot of gasoline selling stations were opened around the world.
- In the US and Latin countries, gasoline is known as Petrol. In Europe and Asian countries gasoline is called as Petrol.