Lesser Known Facts About Harry Potter You Should KnowPosted 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Interesting facts about Harry Potter, one of the leading characters from fantasy novel series written by J. K. Rowling. The novel features the story of Harry Potter a boy who lived, and the adventures of his friends, Hermione & Ron. The series was written and published during the period of 1997-2007.
Harry came to know about his wizardry capabilities on his eleventh birthday. And, in the same year when he was about to enroll in Hogwarts, he learned that he is already well-known and popular in the wizarding world.
Interesting facts about Harry Potter
- Harry Potter is a fictional character from the Harry Potter novel series.
- His full name is Harry James Potter. He is known as "The Boy Who Lived" and "The Chosen One". He is the son of James and Lily Potter. James and Lily were the wizards killed by Lord Voldemort, the main villain.
- Harry got introduced in the Harry Potter series in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone novel.
- He was born on 31 July 1980.
- On his 11th birthday, he came to known that he is a wizard. Until then he was living the life of a normal boy.
- After his birthday, he joined the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to complete his wizardry under the wings of his favorite professor and headmaster of Hogwarts Albus Dumbledore along with his friends Ron and Hermione.
- In the movie, the character of Harry Potter is portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe.
- Throughout, the film series, Harry Potter is voiced by Joe Sowerbutts, Tom Attenborough, Daniel Larner, Adam Sopp, and Kyle McCarley.
- His friend Hermione Granger is mud blood. Mudblood is an offensive term for a Muggle-born person with no wizarding parents or grandparents.
- In an interview with Guardian in 1990, she exclaimed that Harry had to be an orphan—so that he's a free agent, with no fear of letting down his parents, disappointing them."
- Her own mother's death on 30 December 1990 inspired Rowling to write Harry as a boy longing for his dead parents.
- J. K. Rowling was inspired by her the death of her mother in 1990 to write a character of Harry as a boy longing for his dead parents.
- Harry's parents were killed by the most powerful wizard in the world Voldemort. In the whole series the person Voldemort, the main villain is known as "You-Know-Who" or "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named".
- Sorting hat thought to put Harry in Slytherin House, but, Harry strongly requested her to put him in Gryffindor house.
Resources to learn more about Harry Potter:
- Harry Potter Fandom
- Carey, Joanna. "Who hasn't met Harry?"
- Harry Potter: Gryffindor Is the Only House a Student Can CHOOSE to Be Sorted
- Lydon, Christopher. J.K. Rowling interview transcript
- J.K. Rowling Interview
- Living With Harry Potter
- JK Rowling's World Book Day Chat
- J.K. Rowling Web Chat Transcript
- One enchanted night at the theatre, Radcliffe became Harry Potter
- Wizarding World