Interesting Facts About Dan Brown NovelsPosted 2 weeks, 6 days ago
- Dan Brown is an American author best known for his thriller, fiction novels. Dan started his journey with his techno-thriller based on a computer security paradigm, ‘cryptography.’ He has covered a lot of interesting topics in his works.
- Most of the books are about hunting something precious, either power or something historically valuable, or any religious symbols.
- Angels & Demons is a 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel published by Pocket Books and then by Corgi Books. The character Robert Langdon is introduced in this novel and continues appearing in all of the subsequent works as a well-known symbologist.
- The work Angels & Demons features several ambigrams created by real-life typographer John Langdon. It contains ambigrams of the words Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.
- The Da Vinci Code is a mystery thriller novel written by Dan Brown. It is Brown's second novel to include the character Robert Langdon after the novel Angels & Demons published in 2000.
- The Da Vinci Code follows "symbologist" Robert Langdon and cryptologist Sophie Neveu throughout the plot and development of the novel. It all starts from a murder in the Louvre Museum in Paris and ends with references to the possibility of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene having had a child together. The things are controversial, but reading a novel from the fiction perspective is different.
- In his work, the "Angels & Demons" and "Illuminati" are also represented in the form of Ambigram designs. The title of the book is also presented as an ambigram on the hardcover book jacket.
- He published his other work “The Lost Symbol” in 2009. It’s a thriller set in Washington, D.C., after the events of The Da Vinci Code (2nd novel by Dan Brown).
- Dan Brown’s work features a recurring character Professor Robert Langdon. It’s a fictional character created by the author himself. The character has lead roles in all of his works including, Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Inferno and Origin. Robert is a Harvard University professor of history of art and "symbology". He has an expertise in old symbols and their interpretation.
- Dan published his subsequent work, “Inferno” in 2013. It’s a mystery-thriller novel featuring a deadly virus and numerous references to old literature. The book features Robert Langdon as a lead character. Robert is on a mission to save the world from a deadly virus bio-engineered and released by a dangerous scientist who is dead now.
- A lot of work by Dan Brown has been adopted into the movies. The Da Vinci Code, Inferno are already adopted and you might have had a glance at. Inferno’s film adaptation was released on October 28, 2016.
- “Inferno” was published on May 14, 2013. Ten years after publication of The Da Vinci Code by Doubleday.
- “Inferno” was number one on the New York Times Best Seller list for hardcover fiction and Combined Print & E-book fiction for the first eleven weeks of its release. Getting on the best-sellers list is quite hard in this competitive world where everyone is competing with each other.
- Dan published his very recent work Origin is a 2017. It’s a mystery thriller novel.
- The Origin features Robert Langdon as a protagonist of the novel.
- Origin was #1 on The New York Times bestseller list in August 2018. It had been on the list for 23 weeks.