Interesting Facts About Dalgona Coffee You Should KnowPosted 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Interesting facts about Dalgona Coffee the beverage that was trending during the COVID-19 pandemic. It's a beverage made by whipping equal parts instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water to make it creamy and finally adding it to cold or hot milk.
Interesting facts about Dalgona Coffee
- Dalgona Coffee started generating a buzz on social media during the corona pandemic 2020.
- It was popularized when people were restrained from leaving their homes (lockdown).
- Due to boredom or social media trends, people started sharing videos of whipping the coffee manually without using mixers, etc.
- The name Dalgona is derived from a Korean sugar sweet.
- Dalgona coffee doesn't contain dalgona, actually.
- Coffee beans don't produce dense and foamy topping, dalgona requires instant coffee that creates dense and foamy topping over a beverage.
- Before going viral on TikTok homemade varieties of Dalgona were trending on YouTube under the hashtag #dalgonacoffeechallenge.
- TikTok carried over trends after Dalgona started spreading on YouTube's South Korean chapter.
- Although, homemade beverage, Dalgona soon took over the commercial market.
- Many South Korean coffee shops started offering Dalgona coffee, and then in the United States.
- Dalgona Coffee is inspired from the Indian coffee beverage known as phenti hui coffee aka phitti hui coffee or beaten coffee.
- Beaten coffee is an Indian home-style coffee beverage made mostly with instant coffee and sugar. It is known as 'beaten' as the process involves beating the coffee and sugar together with a spoon to aerate into a light brown fluffy paste-like substance.
Resources to learn more about Dalgona Coffee
- Why S. Korea's Dalgona coffee trend should remind India of its food-diplomacy potential
- A Dive Into the Disputed History of 'Dalgona Coffee
- Dalgona Coffee is viral on TikTok in the West. India has been making it for years
- Dalgona Coffee: The Latest Instant Coffee Trend From South Korea
- How to Make Whipped Coffee
- Internet sensation Dalgona coffee froths up at these Dallas restaurants
- Dalgona coffee is the whipped coffee drink that's everywhere on TikTok
- How to make whipped Dalgona coffee, TikTok's latest viral trend
- How to make the South Korean trend Dalgona Coffee
- S Korea's Dalgona coffee is the new quarantine fad
- Dalgona Coffee Is the Internet's Favorite, Fluffiest Quarantine Drink. Here's How to Make It