Interesting Facts About Bill Gates You Should KnowPosted 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Interesting facts about Bill Gates, the founder of the world's top information technology company Microsoft. Because, of his whole world has been enjoying the world class operating system, and best office software suite. He is a business magnate, software developer, investor, author, and philanthropist.
Interesting Facts About Bill Gates
- His name is William Henry Gates III.
- He was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- He is a Harvard dropout.
- He is active since 1975.
- He is the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation. He co-founded Microsoft with childhood friend Paul Allen in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Which became the world's largest personal computer maker software company in the world.
- He was the largest shareholder of Microsoft until the year 2014.
- He led Microsoft as CEO until 2000.
- On March 13, 2020, Bill Gates announced that he is leaving the board of directors of both Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway in order to focus more on his philanthropic efforts such as climate change, global health, and development.
- Since 1987, he has been placed on the Forbes list of the world's wealthiest people.
- As of May 2021, he is the fourth-richest person in the world. He has an estimated net worth of US$144 billion in 2021.
- He has founded and nourished multiple companies, such as BEN, Cascade Investment, bgC3, and TerraPower.
- In 2000, he founded The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), with his wife Melinda Gates. It is the largest private foundation in the world.
- Bill Gates thinks in on the impending decision, telling Yahoo Finance that a permanent ban of Trump "would be a shame" and would amount to an "extreme measure."
Resources to learn more about Bill Gates:
- Bill Gates (American computer programmer, businessman, and philanthropist)
- Bill Gates to Leave Boards of Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway | The Wall Street Journal
- Bill Gates gives $4.6bn to charity in biggest donation since 2000
- In 2010, Gates and Warren Buffett founded The Giving Pledge, whereby they and other billionaires pledge to give at least half of their wealth to philanthropy.
- Gates Steps Down from Microsoft Board but Stays as Advisor
- Bill and Melinda Gates, who runs one of the world's largest philanthropies, plan to divorce after 27 years
- Official Gates Notes
- Bill Gates: Permanent Facebook ban of Trump would be a shame