- Fun facts about the Dolphins
- Fun facts about Sharks
- Fun facts about Human Body
- Fun facts about Earth
- Fun facts about Cows
- Fun facts about roses
- Fun facts about snails
- Fun facts about time
- Fun facts about Google
- Fun facts about mobile phones
- Fun facts about electricity
- Fun facts about computers
- Fun facts about cats
- Fun facts about dogs
- Fun facts about horses
- Fun facts about lions
- Fun facts about the internet
- Fun facts about Twitter
- Fun facts about Facebook
- Fun facts about Butterflies
- Fun facts about snakes
- Fun facts about FRIENDS
- Fun facts about Harry Potter
- Fun facts about Scorpions
- Fun facts about dreams
Fun facts about the Dolphins
- Mama’s boy. The dolphin calves stay with their mothers for three to eight years.
- The sense of touch is well-developed, but they’re not good with a sense of smell.
Fun facts about Sharks
- Sharks don’t have bones.
- They’ve electromagnetic receptors, which allow them to sense electromagnetic fields and temperature shifts around them.
Fun facts about Human Body
- The human mouth produces about one liter of saliva each day.
- The left lung is about 10 percent smaller than the right one.
- Human teeth are as strong as sharks.
- The human nose can detect approximately a trillion different scents.
- How much blood in the human body? Your blood makes up about eight percent of your body weight.
Fun facts about Earth
- Earth is the only planet not named after God.
- Some people still believe Earth is flat.
- Some people also believed Earth is a center of the universe.
- Earth is older than you. It’s about 4.54 billion years old.
Fun facts about Cows
Will cover all other facts about cows in, “Did you know these 10 interesting facts about cows?”
- The stomach of the cow consists of four chambers for breaking down the food they eat.
- They’re social animals, just like you. They make friends. They form herds (Herds are groups of Cows). I think one day they’ll have their own moobook like our Facebook.
Fun facts about roses
- Rose comes in different colors. Roses are red, but not black. Black roses are actually dark red.
- Each color depicts specific meaning. e.g. red means love, orange means desire and yellow means joy.
Fun facts about snails
- There’re approximately 43,000 specifies of snails on Earth.
- There’re snails with different colors, like, pink, blue, red, grey, yellow and others. Maybe to make them safe from potential dangers.
- The snail farming is called Heliciculture. And, the product is actually consumed by humans for eating or cosmetics purpose.
- Among other fears, there is also a phobia of snails and slugs, which is called Molluscophobia.
Fun facts about time
- The universe is 13.8 billion years old.
- There are 86400 seconds in a day and 3.154e+7 i.e. 31,557,600 seconds in a year.
- According to Physicists Carlo Rovelli: Time is just an illusion. It doesn’t exist actually. And, there’s nothing as past or future.
- Horology is the study of the measurement of time.
- The smallest unit of time is “Planck time.” It’s the amount of time light takes to travel one Planck length and the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible.
Fun facts about Google
- Google was initially named Backrub.
- Google rent outs goats to maw their lawns.
Fun facts about mobile phones
- The first phone call was made in April, 1973.
- The first text message was sent out in December, 1992.
Fun facts about electricity
- Electricity travels at the speed of 300,000. km/second or 6,696,000 miles per hour.
- Electric eels can produce shocks of more than 500 of the volts.
- Coal is the biggest source of electricity.
- Wind, water & sun are the free and renewable resources readily available for producing electricity.
Fun facts about computers
What do you know about computers? Did you know when does the first mouse invent? Did you know what is the longest word that you can write using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer? What did you know about computer history?
You probably do almost all possible things with computers. Like storing your photos, keeping records, social networking, emailing, other forms of communications, data analysis, artificial intelligence, multimedia processing, gaming, live conferencing, problems solving and all.
Students use computers to do all the things other than studies. Like, playing games, social networking, memes, to find information and sometimes homework.
But, all these things are developed over a long period of time. Throughout history, many interesting advancements have happened in computer history. In these facts coverage, we will cover some of the interesting facts about computers too.
- The first electronic computer was of the size of the big room, named ENIAC weighed more than 27 tons and took up 1800 square feet.
- A typewriter is the longest word that you can write using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer.
- The first computer mouse was made of wood. Doug Engelbart invented the computer mouse in the early 1960s in his research lab at Stanford Research Institute.
Fun facts about cats
Cat’s a funny animal, found in almost everywhere throughout the world. Do you know these fun facts about them?
- There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approx. 40 known breeds.
- The heaviest domestic cat on record is 21.297 kilograms.
- Cats and humans are living together for 10,000 years.
- A group of cats is called a clowder.
- They’ve lifespan of 12 to 15 years.
Fun facts about dogs
- Dogs have wet noses. Wet noses help them absorb scent chemicals.
- “A Day in the Life” song by the Beatles has a frequency that only dogs can hear. What a special treat for dogs?
Fun facts about horses
- Horses can sleep standing. I love this skill. Do you?
- Horse kids can run shortly after birth. Learn humans learn!
- They’ve around 205 bones inside their body.
- They’ve larger eyes than any other living mammals on earth.
- A male horse is called a stallion and a female horse is called a mare, a young male horse is called colt and a young female horse is called a filly.
Fun facts about lions
- African lions are one of the most social animals, they live in pride or groups.
- A lion’s roar can be heard five miles away. It’s so loud it can reach 114 decibels (at a distance of around one meter).
- They can sleep up to 20 hours a day. I love it.
- Their heels don’t touch the ground when it walks. Sounds nice to ears.
Fun facts about the internet
- Do you know more than 5 million blog posts are published every single day, the post you currently reading is one of them?
- Do you know there were more than 1.9 billion websites on the Internet, in 2018? We’re covering these facts in 2020 see, how many websites will be there now. We’ll cover this in a special post later, till then enjoy these amazing fun facts.
- Do you know there are almost 95 million photos get uploaded on Instagram every day, out of which 70% photos don’t get seen?
Fun facts about Twitter
Ever since its inception in 2006 Twitter has gained a huge amount of popularity all over the world. The top celebrities are using Twitter. You’ll find almost every big personality interacting with their fan base.
Most of the top Indian celebrities use twitter as a primary medium of communication with their fans. There are extremely awesome stats about Twitter, we’ll cover that in another special post. Till then continue enjoying these fun facts.
- Originally, it was called Twttr, later changed to Twitter.
- You use tonnes of hashtags in your posts, but, did you know who proposed hashtag idea the first time? Hashtags that were got introduced in 2007, suggested by Twitter user @chrismessina.
- This tweet inspired all those fancy hashtags you find on all over Twitter, probably you will tweet this article using hashtags like, #funfacts, #randomfacts or just #facts, “how do you feel about using # (pound) for groups. As in #barcamp [msg]?” — Chris Messina (@chrismessina) 23 August 2007
Fun facts about Facebook
- There are many things undefined about interesting things, but did you know, that the meaning of the feature “Poke” has never been defined. But, I’ve rarely used that, just to try what it does. It did send poke notification to the receiver and he poked me back. I didn’t love that though.
- Al Pacino was the first “face” on Facebook.
- In earlier days, Facebook’s peer-to-peer file-sharing system called Wirehog.
- Facebook’s blue as primary color because its CEO Mark has colorblindness.
Fun facts about Butterflies
- The can’t fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees. The top most flying speed’s 12 miles per hour.
- There are nearly 24,000 species of butterflies.
Fun facts about snakes
- Snakes don’t have eyelids. They’ve thin clear membrane covering their corneas. It’s called spectacles.
- They can’t bite their foods. Instead, they’ve to swallow it completely.
- Their jaws are so flexible that they can swallow the prey bigger than their heads. Did you watch, “Anaconda” series of movies?
- They’re everywhere except Antarctica. Don’t you think they should try cool tourism wearing some warm clothes?
- There’re around 3000 kinds of snakes.
Fun facts about FRIENDS
- Friends your beloved TV show was originally called, Insomnia Café, later renamed to F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
- Courtney Cox was actually to play Rachel in friends, but due to firm nature of the character, the producers switched her to Monica.
- There were no dialogues written for Gunther for quite a long time.
- Ross was 29 years old for 3 years.
- Once Ellen DeGeneres turned down the offer to play role of Phoebe.
Fun facts about Harry Potter
- Did you know, the meaning of word “Dumbledore”? It comes from the old English word, “bumblebee”.
- J.K.Rowling, the author of Harry Potter once clarified that the character of Dumbledore was supposed to humming to himself.
Fun facts about Scorpions
- Scorpions belong to the Arachnida family which makes them close relatives of other spiders and ticks.
- They glow under the ultraviolet lights.
Fun facts about dreams
- People forget 90% of the dreams.
- You can have four to seven dreams in one night.
- People are seeing dreams in which they fly, way before the invention of airplanes or flying machines.
On this the first version of “Random Facts About Everything Series” we’ve curated about 82+ facts about many things. We’ll keep updating this article with new things in future. You are requested to share any interesting thing missing from this article, but should be present. You can contact us on social media, like, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin.
So here were some of the most interesting facts about everything. We’ll be back soon with another interesting thing on the internet. Till then, share this post with your network and read other interesting stuff on factober.com.
- Fascinating Dolphin Facts
- 12 Shark facts that will shock you
- 15 facts about the human body
- Amazing facts about Earth
- Interesting facts about Cows
- Wikipedia article on Heliciculture
- Facts about Time
- Cats: Science Kids
- Amazing facts about dogs
- Interesting facts about lions
- Facts about the Internet
- Twitter stats & statistics
- Scorpion facts
These are some of the interesting resources on the internet where you can find interesting facts and information about your favorite topics. Consider sharing this article on social media and make a difference, let your friends learn about these interesting things.