Rumi is one of the most popular poets. He is the best selling poet in the United States. His works are written mostly in Persian, but occasionally he also used Turkish, Arabic, and Greek in his verse. Read these 100+ best quotes by Rumi. #Top100+, #InterestingQuotes By #Rumi, #RumiQuotes, #Quotes, #InspirationalQuotes, #MotivationalQuotes, #Inspiration, #Motivation, #Inspiring, #InspiringQuotes, #AmazingQuotes, #PhilosophyQuotes, He is also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, Mevlânâ/Mawlānā, Mevlevî/Mawlawī.
- Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. Rumi
- This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.
- There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?
- You try to be faithful And sometimes you’re cruel. You are mine. Then, you leave. Without you, I can’t cope.
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
- When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near truth.
- Anyone who knows me, should learn to know me again; For I am like the Moon, you will see me with new face everyday.
- Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
- Two there are who are never satisfied — the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
- Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave ’til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know.
- Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.
- You wander from room to room Hunting for the diamond necklace That is already around your neck!
- The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.
- All people on the planet are children, except for a very few. No one is grown up except those free of desire.
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.
- What you seek is seeking you.
- I will soothe you and heal you, I will bring you roses. I too have been covered with thorns.
- Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn’t matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times.
- When someone is counting out gold for you, don’t look at your hands, or the gold. Look at the giver.
- Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
- They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?
- When someone beats a rug, the blows are not against the rug, but against the dust in it.
- Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself.
- You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
- There are lovers content with longing. I’m not one of them.
- The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- If you could untie your wings and free your soul of jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly up like doves.
- I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you all else melted away.
- Put your thoughts to sleep, do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking.
- Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
- Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.
- Within tears, find hidden laughter Seek treasures amid ruins, sincere one.
- I didn’t come here of my own accord, and I can’t leave that way. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.
- The rose’s rarest essence lives in the thorns.
- Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
- You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
- The lion is most handsome when looking for food.
- Travel brings power and love back into your life.
- Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.
- Not only the thirsty seek the water, the water as well seeks the thirsty.
- Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
- Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
- When you go through a hard period, When everything seems to oppose you,… When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute, NEVER GIVE UP! Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!
- If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?
- Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
- Gamble everything for love, if you’re a true human being.
- In Silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and see how the pattern improves.
- Shine like the whole universe is yours.
- Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.
- You are a volume in the divine book
A mirror to the power that created the universe
Whatever you want, ask it of yourself
Whatever you’re looking for can only be found
Inside of you.
- Either give me more wine or leave me alone.
- Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
- Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
- But listen to me. For one moment quit being sad. Hear blessings dropping their blossoms around you.
- You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
- Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought!. Why do you stay in prison, When the door is so wide open?
- Your hand opens and closes, opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralysed. Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as birds’ wings.
- Take someone who doesn’t keep score, who’s not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing, who has not the slightest interest even in his own personality: he’s free.
- Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.
- Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.
- People want you to be happy. Don’t keep serving them your pain!
- The cure for pain is in the pain.
- The moon stays bright when it doesn’t avoid the night.
- You think because you understand ‘one’ you must also understand ‘two’, because one and one make two. But you must also understand ‘and’.
- When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
- This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor… Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
- Knock, And He’ll open the door. Vanish, And He’ll make you shine like the sun. Fall, And He’ll raise you to the heavens. Become nothing, And He’ll turn you into everything.
- I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.
- Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.
- When I am with you, we stay up all night. When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep. Praise God for those two insomnias! And the difference between them.
- Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
- What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.
- Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
- My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
- Study me as much as you like, you will not know me, for I differ in a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see.
- I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
- Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.
- A mountain keeps an echo deep inside. That’s how I hold your voice.
- Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.
- Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
- These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.
- Like a sculptor, if necessary, carve a friend out of stone.
- Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
- Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others’ faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear.
- In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.
- Realize that your inner sight is blind and try to see a treasure in everyone.
- Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.
- The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you
Don’t go back to sleep!
You must ask for what you really want.
Don’t go back to sleep!
People are going back and forth
across the doorsill where the two worlds touch,
The door is round and open
Don’t go back to sleep!
- Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.
- God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.
- A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.
- Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.
- Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
- Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.
- I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.
- nside you there’s an artist you don’t know about… say yes quickly, if you know, if you’ve known it from before the beginning of the universe.
- That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
- Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon.
- Moonlight floods the whole sky from horizon to horizon; How much it can fill your room depends on its windows.
- We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.
- Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
- You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don’t.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.