Now, we’ve been living on a planet Earth for a long time. We know how the climate works, we know how to travel from one place to another within a shortest possible period of time. And, also we know that there are dolphins in the oceans who are intelligent species like we humans.
We learnt to cook food, to make houses, to construct dams, to talk with birds and so on. But, there are still so many interesting things there about our planet that we might not know about yet. In this post, we’ve curated such interesting facts and information about the Earth, that you should know about. So, let’s get started.
1. Age of Earth
We’re living on a planet that is 4.543 billion years older. You can’t even imagine how long the Earth has been spinning around the sun.
2. Distance Between Earth & Sun
Earth is 149.6 million kilometres away from the Sun. We get normalised sun rays filtered through the layer of Ozon.
3. How many humans living on Earth?
There are total 7,800,000,000 living humans on Earth. As of March 2020 approximately 7,800,000,000 humans are estimated to be living on Earth. It took 200,000 years to reach total population to 1 billions, but, only 200 years to reach 7 billion.
4. How strong is earth's magnetic field?
5. Once upon a time the Earth was the centre of the universe
2000 years ago people thought that the Earth is the centre of the universe and other planets orbit around it. In 1543, Copernicus cleared the doubts in a paper. Matlab kuch bhi.
6. 70% of the surface is water.
Earth’s 70% surface is covered under water, remaining 30% includes, islands, continents, etc.
7. Life developed first time in the Oceans.
It is believed that the abiogenesis process means the formation of living being from organic compounds.
8. Initially, the water was trapped inside the Earth.
After the formation of Earth water got trapped inside it. Later it irrupted on surface in the form of volcanic activities.
9. Highest point on the Earth
Mount Everest is the highest point on Earth, with the height of 8.8 km.
10. Lowest point on the Earth
Challenger Deep is the lowest point on Earth. It’s located at 10.9 km below sea level.
12. Earth is the third planet from Sun.
13. Earth is the fifth largest planet in our solar system.
14. 3% water is fresh the rest 97% is salty.
15. Air on Earth is made up of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and carbon dioxide. We can't survive without those.
16. Atmosphere on Earth is divided into the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere, and ionosphere.
17. At the time of writing this post Earth has 2218 artificial satellites orbiting around it.
18. How much gold is there on earth?
At the time of writing this post, the total amount of above-ground gold in the world stands at just over 190,000 tons.
19. Fun Fact: World's 60% population is located in 30% of the land.
The Asian continent covers about 30% of the total land on Earth. And, world’s 60% population lives there. And, I’m writing this post from there. I belong this 60% population.