Inkscape is one of the best graphics designing software that available free of cost. If you are a newbie and want something amazing to do your experiments with, Inkscape is the best thing. Available as an opensource software so you can even consider to contribute in the development.
Inkscape is suitable for freelance as well as professional working. School, collages, companies everyone can use this free software to design their everyday assets. Vector graphics are popular now a days. Due to high response creating and sharing vector graphics with Inkscape is one of the popular options, now a days.
Inkscape has the robust and dedicated fan base across the Internet. Due to strong community support Inkscape has earned the respect as the best opensource software. Many graphics designers are using this software as a must have tool.
A tonne of plugins available. You can add unique features with few simple add-ons. You can make most with this free and open-source vector graphics editor.
Inkskape supports many graphics format. You can import and export graphics in your favourite format. Inkscape has scalable vector graphics as a primary format for graphics.
Inkscape supports rendering primitive vector shapes and text. It is a wonderful, opensource desktop software for creating two-dimensional scalable vector graphics.
Amazing facts about Inkscape.
As you know Inkscape is a free and opensource software there are unlimited users around the world.
- In 2003, it all started with a code fork from the Sodipodi project. Sodipodi itself started as a fork of Gill. Gill was a vector-graphics program, created as a drawing tool for artists.
- The primary vector graphics format is Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG). SVG is an Extensible Markup Language (XML)-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics with support for interactivity and animation.
- It supports different graphics format other SVG and can be imported and exported easily. SVG images are defined in XML files. So they can be indexed, scripted, compressed as well as searched.
- Inkscape can render primitive vector shapes (e.g. rectangles, ellipses, polygons, arcs, spirals, stars, and 3D boxes) and text. All major graphics are formed with the combination of those rectangles, ellipses, and other primitives.
- XML Editor for direct manipulation of the SVG XML structure. As the SVGs are XML files, Inkscape provides the editor for manipulating, editing them.
- Inkscape provides a command-line interface. It also exposes format conversion functions and full-featured GUI scripting. Many Softwares have command-line interfaces like FFMpeg. The command-line interface provides added unique features for nerds.
- Inkscape has participated in the Google Summer of Code program in 2005. Google’s Summer of Code competitions is not new. Many topmost best Softwares are conceived from it. Inkscape also participated in the year 2005, 2007.
|Caption||Facts & Figures|
|Originally Released on||November 2, 2003|
|Developed in||C++ with gtkmm [gtkmm is the official|
C++ interface for the GTK.], &
Extensions Written in Python
|Supported OSs||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Windows|
|Software Type||Vector Graphics Editor|
What can you do with Inkscape?
- Event Poster Design
- Design Posters
- Poster Designs
- Doodle Background
- Vector Background
- Minimal Background
- Background Screensavers
- Background Designs
- Background Drawing
- Art Watercolor
- Illustration Art
- City Art
- Trippy Wallpaper
- iPhone Background Wallpaper
- Aesthetic iPhone Wallpaper
- Aesthetic Wallpapers
- Retro Wallpaper
- Hippie Wallpaper
- Print Wallpaper
- Photo Wall Collage
See how these are most of the amazing facts and figures about Inkscape free vector graphics software. If you like them share the love. If you find anything interesting that should be added to the post kindly comment and let’s know.