Color plays a vital role in everyday psychology. They induce emotions in human beings. Colors can make you become happy.
Colors can make you afraid. Colors can make you depressed. Warm colors can make you feel warm. Cool colors can make you feel cool.
Colors are used everywhere. Movie production uses different colors to induce different emotions, like, black and white for signifying the old memories, and so on.
1. Did you know what is the most popular color in the world?
Blue is the most loved color in the world. Green is second.
2. Did you know how many colors a human eye can see or recognize?
The human eye can distinguish 10 million different colors.
3. What are the first colors a baby can see?
4. The pink color is used in anger management techniques?
Pink color reduces anger. It has a calming effect on a human. Throughout the world, the pink is known as girly-wirly color. But, it can be used to treat the patients having anger.
5. Did you know what the phobia caused by colors is called?
Chromophobia! Some people afraid of colors. Color can change their mood and make them depressed. Can induce negative feelings in them.
6. Did you know that colors can change your mood?
Different colors invoke different moods and emotions. Colors have the ability to change the surrounding within a moment.
Blue: Relaxes and calms the mood. It’s the color of intellect. It is a soothing color. It is the color of trust, efficiency, and duty. Kind of professional color, indeed.
Grey: Makes feel drained and low energy.
Red: Excites and inspires.
Red, orange, and yellow are warm colors.
Green color denotes balance. It is a color of harmony, refreshment, and equilibrium.
Violet and blue are cool colors.
Green is the most neutral color.
7. Did you know there is a name for this gray color that you see when to switch off the lights?
When you switch off the light you can see the instant change in color, but with some small variations. The grayish-black color you see when you switch off the lights is called as “Eigengrau.”
8. Did you know that the colors can affect the depth perception?
The human ability to perceive the spatial relationships in 3D space is called as the depth perception. The Chromostereopsis is a visual illusion. In this, the impression of depth is conveyed in two-dimensional color images.
9. The black color is the symbol of power. Though we’ve seen many black magic people wearing black clothes. And many evil rituals are performed in the dark. But, black is the color of impact.
10. Did you know who invented the color wheel?
Sir Isaac Newton, who observed the way each color of light would bend as it passed through the prism. Newton’s theory discovered how the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet colors bend with a response to the light passing through the prism.
These were some of the interesting, unknown facts about colors.